Thursday, January 7, 2016

New Release From Karen Burniston!

Hi all! I know it's been a little quiet around here and I'm finally ready to show you what I've been up to! For the past month or so I've been buried in the studio working on CHA samples for all my favorite designers. Today I'm excited to share one of my favorite new releases from Karen Burniston. It's called the Hanging Charm Pull Tab die and I know you're going to love it as much as I do. When it's closed, it looks very pretty - but when you pull the tab at the top, the magic really happens!

WOW! I mean, seriously, how cool is that?! The sliding mechanism both lifts the frame (where you have a choice of four different charms to dangle) and reveals a hidden message. This die set guarantees your cards will be showstoppers for sure! Who wouldn't be thrilled to receive such a magical card?

Here is another close up view. The slider might seem complicated, but the die does all the work for you. All you have to do is adhere the pull tab, attach the sides, and the add the frame and a charm. The mechanism can be placed on any size card you want. You could add it to an altered book, journal page, or scrapbook page. Oooh, or what about a hidden message birthday party invitation?! I'm already cooking up a steampunk Valentine card for my hubby. I think he'll love it!

For this card I decided to go girly and used a Prima pad called Epiphany that I found at Hobby Lobby. (I love that their papers make it look like I did a lot of work!) I used Karen's new coordinating stamp set to stamp my greetings. The charm was cut from glitter paper and hung from silver cording. So pretty! If you happen to be at CHA this weekend, you can see this card in person at the Elizabeth Craft Designs booth. Karen is also teaching a make and take using this die on Saturday, so be sure and stop by!

The dies and stamps are available from ECD and your favorite stores. The rest of the supplies I used can be found at Simon Says Stamp.




I'm entering this into Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge - Something New. It doesn't get much newer than shiny new dies! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Check back this weekend when I'll be sharing projects and cards I created with more of Karen's dies, plus Tim Holtz's idea-ology and rubber stamp lines, and new dies from Eileen Hull. I love this time of year!

12 comments:

  1. So beautiful Shelly, I love the way you did the corrugated paper on the front. It is a show stopper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You have out done yourself, I am speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen never ceases to amaze me, and neither do you! Amazing project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is beautiful Shelly!
    I've got to try this for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this on IG Shelly, what a wonderful die and what a gorgeous card you have created with it! Can't wait to see what else you've been up to, thanks for sharing your beautiful card, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is the coolest. I love what you've made Shelly and the new die is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy Canoli! I love this and of course your example! This is a def. on my wish list! Really fun die! :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is some new die!!!! WOW! this is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a gorgeous creation! Love all the beautiful vintage embellishments. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Shelly! Love the corrugated cardstock pop-up frame. Fabulous pattern papers and amazing embellishments. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is truly so very beautiful and cleverly designed! Congrats on your spotlight at SSS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!